There are some pictures of recent JCC events following the FAQs
Q: Where are you located?
A: We’re located at 4335 Laurel Street, Anchorage, Alaska, on the corner of Laurel and Tudor about a block from Lake Otis Parkway. map
Q: What time are Sunday Services?
A: 10:00 AM Sunday pre-service prayer, 10:30 AM Sunday worship service including a Nursery for babies/young children, Children’s Church for elementary age students, and a Class for Teens.
Q: Do you have a Sunday night service?
A: Not at this time.
Q: What about other weekly activities?
A: 7:00 PM Wednesday night Adult and Kids’ Bible classes, 7:00 PM Wednesday Night Teen class at Parachutes on Lake Otis.
Q: What denomination are you a part of?
A: We are a part of the Alaska Ministry Network of the Assemblies of God and are part of its fellowship of churches. However, anyone is welcome to attend whether they are Assembly of God members or not.
Q: What are your beliefs?
A: As a part of the Assembly of God fellowship we adhere to the A/G tenets of faith which can be found here
Q: Who is the pastor of JCC?
A: Pastors Marlan and Ruth Schoenleben are the senior pastors of JCC. Pastors Mike and Heidi Fields and Pastors Caleb and Shayna Bialik are associate pastors. You can click on the Leadership tab to see all of JCC’s leadership team. Pastors Marlan and Ruth will be resigning April 1, 2018.
Q: What is JCC’s mission?
A: Joy Christian Center is a church with a heart to reach out to anyone who desires a family that will receive them just as they are. We are a warm, friendly group of believers whose mission is to heal the hearts of those around us. Our desire is to KNOW God, to GROW in God, to GO with God, and help others do the same. We are here to assist you in experiencing life transformation that lasts and learning to:
- Know God intimately
- Live a guilt free life
- Have relationships that work
- Be whole in body, soul, and spirit
- Access God’s power for daily life
- Serve others in the Body of Christ
Q: How do you become a member of JCC?
A: In order to be a voting member of Joy Christian Center we require that candidates:
- Have a testimony of being born again.
- Have evidence of a consistent Christian life.
- Accept and adhere to the Tenets of Faith as set forth in Article IV of JCC’s
- Contribute regularly to the support of this assembly with tithes, offering, talents, and time.
- Are at least 18 years of age.
- Regularly attend services for a period of at least 3 months prior to the date of application for membership.
- Have a membership orientation with the senior pastor or designee.
- Attend the membership class.
- Agree to being governed by the constitution and bylaws of this assembly and of the Alaska Ministry Network of the Assemblies of God.
Q: Is membership required?
A: Membership is not required to attend JCC’s services and events or participate in the various ministries. However, in order to be part of the pastoral leadership or to be able to vote in business meetings you need to be a member of JCC.
Q: What is the Bikers Life Church?
A: The Bikers Life Church (BLC) is a group of Christian Bikers who love Jesus and love to ride. They conduct worship services, go on rides together, share Jesus with other Bikers, and support pro-life values. You can find out more about them by clicking on the Bikers Life Church tab.
Q: What is available for me and my family at JCC?
A: We have a Kids’ Ministry, Teen Ministry, Women’s and Men’s ministries, Bible studies for all ages. Check out JCC’s ministries by clicking on the Ministries tab on the Home page. We also provide pastoral care such as hospital or home visits, one on one pastoral guidance and/or prayer, etc.
Q: How can I get involved at JCC?
A: Everyone is welcome to attend any and all services and events or participate in any ministry in a non-leadership capacity. In order to be in any kind of leadership position we ask that individuals:
- Be faithful in weekly church service attendance
- Be faithful in their own personal devotional/worship time
- Be a regular attendee of JCC for six months
- Submit to a background check if working with children and vulnerable adults
- Adhere to Biblical doctrine and lifestyle
- Uphold and teach lessons/preach messages that align with Assembly of God doctrine
- Be submitted to JCC’s leadership
If you would like to know more about JCC our constitution and by-laws can be accessed here
Cissy Padgett Concert May 7th
JCC welcomed Cissy Padgett of Music with a Mission Ministries Sunday, May 7th. Cissy's ministry to the JCC family was a huge blessing.
Water Baptism April-2017
Three more individuals were baptized in water at Joy Christian Center April 2nd, and one more on April 9th.
March 19, 2017 Baptism Service I
JCC's 15th Anniversary Celebration
Thank you to everyone who came out to help us celebrate 15 years of ministry in the Anchorage area. We appreciate those who helped with set up and clean up, those who brought food and cooked turkeys. Special thanks to our guests Assembly of God Alaska Ministry Network Superintendent Bill Welch and his wife Dori Welch.
Here’s a testimony from Clayton, one of our JCC regulars, about how God transformed his life